Komposition in blau (1935)

Colorful geometric figures are set in rhythmic motion. Choreographic cubes, cylinders and columns participate in an exuberant ballet that recalls the patterns created by Busby Berkeley. Within a deep blue environment, one red cube slowly drifts on a reflecting floor. Suddenly there are multiple red cubes drifting and dancing in various formations.

In Komposition in Blau there is a continuing interest in eastern mysticism and western hermetic thought. Fischinger focused the romantic drama in his compositions on mystical, contemplative and speculative-scientific icons, filling his films with non-objective figurations.
Fischinger used tight synchronization between his visual and musical soundtracks as a helpful analogy for audiences who were still somewhat astonished by abstract art. His films became widely misinterpreted as illustrations of music.
Komposition in Blau won a prize in Venice and brought him international fame.
You can buy these: The importance of being Fischinger and Oskar Fischinger: Ten Films (DVD).

8 comments:

shermgrafik said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shermgrafik said...

interesting...reminds me of fantasia.

Anonymous said...

Hi, you're right. In fact Oskar Fischinger's best-known work is his sequence in Walt Disney's Fantasia, set to Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor.

Anonymous said...

great find - a beautiful example of visual music

Anonymous said...

You're right Mella, too. But you ought add that Fischinger was so furious when his abstract shapes were turned into half-seen violin bows and stylized mountain peaks for Fantasia.

Anonymous said...

hi every person,

I identified www.mellart.com after previous months and I'm very excited much to commence participating. I are basically lurking for the last month but figured I would be joining and sign up.

I am from Spain so please forgave my speaking english[url=http://dusmartthoughts.info/forum].[/url][url=http://bibehindthescenes.info/].[/url][url=http://celeberitygossipel.info/].[/url]

Anonymous said...

It is my first message here, so I would like to say hallo to all of you! It is really pleasure to go your community!

Anonymous said...

It’s good to see this information in your Komposition in blau (1935) post, I was looking the same but there was not any proper resource, thanks now I have the link which I was looking for my research.
--------------------------
My website: Poker Bonus to play poker.